So today is all about the spiritual laws. It is so funny to me how God always sets things up for you without you ever even realizing it. Having a very light and general discussion with a friend I realized that I have lost my passion. Then when I truly thought about it the truth of matter is that if I have lost my passion then I have lost my joy.
It did not really hit me at first but the more I thought about it the more I realized that I am deeply saddened by this. It made me question when did I lose it, how did I lose it, why did I lose it, and where can I find it.
It set me off on a new facet of this incredible spiritual journey that I am on. There are many things that I want in this life. Things that for some reason I have not been able to acquire. It was as if God was telling me you have not been able to manifest your desires because you are really not in touch with them.
When you lack passion and joy there is a disconnect between you and your heart. There is a disconnect between you and your soul. It dawned on me that on this journey my logic has become the most dominate force.
We must walk in wisdom but not at the cost of everything else. It is that burning desire, that passion flame that ignites joy! Being joyful is a law.
Nehemiah 8:10 “for the joy of the LORD is your strength”.
Without joy we are so weak and weary. We are easily burden. We will give up on everything because we do not even understand why we are doing what we are doing. The purpose becomes a series of task that we must complete and the cost becomes our passion and our joy.
So I began to question what am I doing wrong. and then I read a quote today that changed everything for me. My own personal ah ha moment!
The quote: “I wish to live a life that causes my soul to dance inside my body” by: Dele Olanubi
My intent is wrong.The intent is to live a life of joy. Not to build a ministry, by being a life coach, and writing a book, speaking and teaching all over the world… but my real intent should be to have a life that causes my soul to dance!
Do not get me wrong all those things I mentioned does make me shine! It is just that I had lost my passion and my joy and it became just another thing on my every growing list. I will tell you a truth that some of us know and some of us don’t. There are many minsters, preachers, prophets, teachers, worship leaders, bishops, writers, coaches, etc., that have lost their flame.
They do not have joy in what they are doing it has become their guilt and their obligation. Many of them burn out, give up, call it quits because they do not have the joy to go on. So every day we must wake up with the intent to be joyful. To find the joy in what we are doing. I know this can be hard but we have to take the steps to find our passion again!
So here are 5 ways to reignite your soul flame!!!
- Go back to your first love: There is no passion like that which is sparked from God. God knows this because he is the one that has put passion inside of us and it is he that will call it out. There is an ecstasy in truly communing with God. It is an unexplainable form of worship that completely takes you over. But we can get so far from him especially those that have followed their calling in ministry. Ministry is hard work, time consuming, and is about other people. All those things can leave you empty. We lose our passion when everything becomes about the ministry instead of about God. We have to make our way back to him. To the place before we knew that we had a calling to be preachers, prophets, singers, writers, coaches etc. when we just wanted to know God and be in his presence. In the presence of God is where we will find our passion once again.
1 Peter 1:8 Though you have not seen him, you love him; and even though you do not see him now, you believe in him and are filled with an inexpressible and glorious joy,
- Remember your why: Remembering your why will light you up again. I had to sit and think…what is my why again. Not the so-called elevator speech or what is on my business card but why was I so passionate about my purpose to begin with. It was because I live to see the ah ha moment. What lights my flame is to see that light bulb go off in someone’s mind and watch as their path gets brighter and brighter! Remembering my why gave me the motivation and energy to continue working on all of different projects, coaching others, taking phone calls and emails with a gusto that I thought I had lost.So what is your why. Sit and truly think about why you do what you do because you began working in your purpose because at some point it brought you great joy.
- Understand the purpose of passion: I will admit that many times I am afraid of passion. We as Christians can sometimes view passion as something that if goes unchecked can be detrimental to our faith and to or growth. So, we go to the other extreme of locking our passion away branding it as something that we should not deal with at all. Both of these are extreme. We have to know that our God is not a God of extremes. God created the earth and all her bounty because he was passionate in his love for us and if we understand the purpose of passion we too will be able to create great things. Yes, we have to learn to govern our passion but we also have to learn to hone it. It is true desire that creates a passion that can manifests joy!
- Surround yourself with people: So many times, we can get so caught up in the grind that we shut people out. I mean I have to have that laser focus, right? I can’t be all distracted trying to create a dream…this is true but what part of the dream included isolation. Isolation will kill passion faster than anything else. God tells us that friends bring our hearts joy. We need joy in order to find our passion again. A word spoken, a kind touch, someone to minister to our heart, to lift our spirits, to remind us that we love to dance, or sing, or draw, or what have you. It is like giving your spirit a shot of life energy. Surrounding yourself with good people doing good things will give you the spark of passion once again.
Proverbs 27:9 Ointment and perfume rejoice the heart: so doth the sweetness of a man’s friend by hearty counsel.
- Get in touch with your pain: We try to hide our pain, ignore it, etc. But there is something that drives us in our pain. We have to get in touch with our pain. We have to get in touch with that thing that hurts us more than anything. Unfulfilled desire can be one of the biggest catalyst for pain. The very thought of not having whatever it may be or losing whatever it may be brings forth tears and ache. But did you know the harnessing of that pain have built foundations, have inspired books and have forged legacies…because of a deep soul wound that hurts to the touch. We as humans have a deep fear of pain just as any animal we try to avoid it. But Christ passion was pain. He led a life of ridicule and rejection. Was tortured, lied on, spit at and betrayed. He was laughed at, whipped, beaten and crucified. It was painful but his passion for us is unmatched. His passion for us saved us. In passion, there will be pain and in pain there will be passion. But when the two merge true healing takes place in the form of creation!
Quote: When you lack passion and joy there is a disconnect between you and your heart.
Calling all you beautiful ladies!! If you want to start the journey to self-love and creating the life that you truly desire then LyfeByDesign Master Program is for you!!!
For more info email email@example.com .
Coming Soon Facebook Live Daily Empowerment Routine!!!
Make sure to Join “The Empowerment Circle” To be able to go live with us and start your day off with a bang!!!
Subscribe to my YouTube Channel “charolynmckoy.com”
Blessings See You Next Time!!!