I am in this phase where I am completely interested in our identity. My last blog I talked about how the bible calls us salt and light.
Well did you know that there are over 33 verses in the bible that mentions eagles.
The one that I say often when I am feeling down or overwhelmed is Isaiah 40:31 “But they who wait for the Lord shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings like eagles; they shall run and not be weary; they shall walk and not faint.”
I have even had my own revelations from God about eagles and how he compared us to them. It made me curious about the eagle.
So Here are 7 principles that we can learn from the eagle!!
- Eagles fly alone. They do not flock with other birds because they fly higher than any other bird.
Lesson: You may have to leave others behind to be your true self. Never lower yourself to fit in. Soar high. It is ok to be an eagle. It is ok to fly alone.
- Eagles have great vision. When an eagle sees its prey, it focuses on that prey. No matter the obstacle he will not stop until he grabs his prey.
Lesson: Have a vision for your life and remain focused no matter the obstacle don’t give up and you will succeed.
- Eagles don’t eat dead things. Eagles only eat live prey. Remember God told Sampson not to eat dead things and Sampson ate from a dead lion that he had killed. That was the beginning of his downfall.
Lesson: If a situation is dead stop trying to gain life from it. Move on and never go back to a dead situation or outdated information. Life is progressive.
- Eagles love storms. They fly straight into them and use the storm to push them higher. The storm gives the eagle an opportunity to rest their wings. They use the wind of the storm to glide. The storm does the work for them.
Lesson: Don’t always try to hide from the storms of life. Use them to push you higher. Take the opportunity to rest and be still and know that God will work on your behalf.
- Female eagles test the male eagles’ commitment: Before she mates with him she puts him through a series of test. The male eagle gladly does this to prove his commitment to her.
Lesson: We should always test someone’s commitment to us before we enter into a partnership with them. It doesn’t matter if is a business relationship, friendship, or romantic. Commitment is key in any true relationship.
- Eagles must go through pain to change: When an eagle is about 40 years old it’s body begins to wear down. It has two decisions it can make. It can die or it can go through a painful process. The eagle has to go to a high mountain top where it is alone. It then breaks its beak, breaks its talons, and plucks out its feathers. It then has to wait until everything grows back. After 150 days, it emerges brand new and can live another 30 years.
Lesson: Transformation is painful but it is necessary to live. So, you can make two decisions. You can sit in a bad situation and never make the changes you need to live a great life. Or you can go through the pain of transformation and emerge brand new! Remember God is always doing a new thing!
- Eagles love challenge: Eagles fly into storms. They pick prey that are healthy and heavy. They don’t look for the easiest prey that are weak or dead. They fly alone so they can soar as high as they can without anything holding them back. They test their mates no matter how long it takes they will not settle. They go through the painful process of rebirth in order to live another 30 years. They are always up for the challenge!
Lesson: Challenge is good and it is necessary. Rise to the challenges of life. Rise to the higher calling. Live for the bigger vision. Transform, change, live better and be great!
So, I say I am an Eagle!!!
Quote: Never lower yourself to fit in. Soar high!
Take the 7 Day Intensive Self Love Journey!! This coaching package has been inspiring women all over the world to see the true value in who they are!!! It has been a powerful experience and has transformed their mindset and their lives! You can get the entire 7 day self-love journey for a discounted price 150.00 dollars and this includes and entire month of free Life Coaching!!! This package is usually 550.00 so shhhhh this discount is just for my loyal readers!!
If you are interested email me at email@example.com subject line “I love Me”!!!
Also, if you love the blog guess what…I will be releasing a 21 days of transformation workbook soon!!! Stay tuned for more details!!
Be Blessed See You Next Time!